Saturday 7 July 2012

Beauty Basket - April 2012 (received end of June)

BEAUTY BASKET - APRIL 2012

Hi everyone

Yes this is the Beauty Basket from April that was only received at the end of June.  I've had this for about 2 weeks now and have held off blogging about it because I'm in two minds about it.

Firstly, being annoyed at how late the basket was and without explanation of why it was so late.  Normally the baskets are sent out at the end of the month so this should've been sent at the end of April to be received at the very latest by mid May.  Their facebook page did have one update about the baskets going out but weeks later still no one had received anything (they have since deleted that off their fb page.  I imagine because of all the negative comments from frustrated customers).

Secondly, the products in this basket.  I'm not particularly impressed and there's nothing to rave about or anything particularly outstanding or new and I try not to be negative about things.



1. Lalisse Moisture Rich Facial Cleanser 30ml RRP $11.95 - happy with this, always willing to try new cleansers

2. Avon Genics Eye Cream 15g RRP $59.99 (although my Avon brochure says $49.99 full price not sale price) - very happy with this, anti ageing eye cream is always welcome, just hope it does what they say it does.  They say it's capable of taking 10 years off your looks!

3. Avon Arabian Glow Bronzing Pearls RRP $19.99 - I don't know why they would put 2 Avon products in the same basket.  I would've preferred a different brand of something.  I have used these before and I didn't like them but as luck would have it, my sister loves these so they will be going to her.

4. DB Cosmetics Kohl Eye Pencil with sharpener RRP $6.99 - Personally I don't need anymore black eye pencils but it will still be good to try this brand.  That's what I mean when I say I'm in two minds about the products.  I don't need or want this but others might not have one and be really happy with this.

5. Bonne Bell Moisture Repair SPF 15 Lip Balm RRP $3.99 - Another item that I personally don't need or want but others might think this is great. 

Then there was a box of Lindt chocolates.  I'm guessing as a form of compensation for the huge delay with the baskets being sent out but no good to me as I'm a Coeliac and these have gluten in them so my husband scored them.  Still no explanation of why, there wasn't a note or anything in there and I'm just thankful that I only have one more basket left on this subscription. 

Sorry to be a bit negative.  I try hard not to be and that is why I held off on this post but am releasing it today as there still hasn't been any comments from Beauty Basket as to what is going on and I think anyone considering signing up for them needs to know.

Thanks for reading

Debbie


2 comments:

  1. Wow you received yours so late! I got mine ages ago... that's terrible though, I agree they should have put a note in the boxes to tell us what had happened! I personally loved everything I got which made up for it (for me at least haha) and my bf also stole my choccies so they were no good to me either :P
    Well hopefully they step up! Pretty terrible service though :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wasn't the only one who got it this late but I don't understand why when I'm in Sydney. That's good you loved all your stuff. I was really happy with the first box from them but yes I agree they need to step up or they will lose alot of customers.

      Delete

Positive comments or suggestions please. Thank you!